GoAccess is an open source real-time web log analyzer and interactive viewer that runs in a terminal in *nix systems. It provides fast and valuable HTTP statistics for system administrators that require a visual server report on the fly. It’s able to quickly analyze and view web server statistics in real time and possible to generate an HTML, JSON, CSV report.
It’s allows any custom log format string. Predefined options include, but not limited to: Amazon CloudFront (Download Distribution), Apache virtual hosts, Combined Log Format (XLF/ELF) Apache | Nginx, Common Log Format (CLF) Apache and W3C format (IIS).
GoAccess parses the specified web log file and outputs the data to the X terminal. Features include:
- General Statistics, bandwidth, etc.
- Time taken to serve the request (useful to track pages that are slowing down your site)
- Top Visitors
- Requested files
- Requested static files, images, swf, js, etc.
- 404 or Not Found
- Hosts, Reverse DNS, IP Location
- Operating Systems
- Browsers and Spiders
- Referring Sites
- Referrers URLs
- Geo Location – Continent/Country/City
- HTTP Status Codes
- Ability to output JSON and CSV
- Different Color Schemes
- Support for large datasets and data persistence
- Support for IPv6
- Output statistics to HTML